Zaffar Muhammad Khan
|Professor & Director General ORIC
Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics
|PhD (Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering)
Salford University, UK.
MS (Aerospace Engineering)
Wichita State University, USA
|Area of Specialization: Polymer Composite Materials, Solid Mechanics and Smart Structures
|HEC Approved Ph.D Supervisor
- Iowa State University of Science and Technology, Ames 50011, USA, 1997.
Postdoctoral Research as Fulbright Scholar; Assessing the layer waviness defect in AS4C carbon fiber reinforced epoxy composite materials by fiber optic sensing and mechanical testing for NASA Langley.
- Salford University, Manchester, M5 4WT, UK, 1991.
PhD in Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering; Machining of toughened T-800C carbon fiber reinforced epoxy composite materials for British Aerospace as part of Euro fighter Structural Development Program
- Wichita State University, Kansas 67208, USA, 1988.
Master of Science, Aerospace Engineering, Solid/ Structural Mechanics (GPA: 3.58/4.00).
Comparative Analysis of Thermoset and Thermoplastic Composite Materials
- Stanford University Aeronautics and Astronautics, 2010.
Postgraduate Diploma, Composite Design (Grade: A).
- National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Pakistan, 1979.
B.E in Aerospace Engineering
Design of Converging-Diverging Nozzle of Rocket Engine by Method of Characteristics
- Optic Fiber Sensors & Smart Structures, Professor Eric Udd, Portland University. Oregon, USA
- Guidance and Navigation of Aerospace Vehicles and Space Flight Mechanics, Iowa State University, USA
- Industrial Composites Design and Applications, Professor Mariani, ICST, Trieste, Italy.
- Surfaces in Engineering Materials, Professor J. T. Grant, University of Dayton/ Quaid-i-Azam Univ.
- Polymer Nanocomposites, FEM & Composite Design, Profs J. Koo & D. Adams, SAMPE Long beach.
- Composites Fabrication, Mechanical Testing, SAMPE Tutorial , Prof. Dan Adams, Long beach, CA.
- Light RTM Close Mold Technology, Composite Manufacturing Technology Center, Cornwell, UK.
- Metallic and Composites Structural Overhaul and Rebuilt of Helicopters, Eurocopter Division, France
- Distributed Computer Systems, Tokyo Institute of Technology/ NUST, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Autodesk Mechanical Desktop, Autodesk Asia Pte Ltd, Pakistan, Grade: A
- Composite RTM 2004, Pole De Plasturgie de l’ Est, Forbach, France.
Senior Academic Leadership And Excellence
- Founding Director, Chief Technology Expert and Industry Professor: Advanced Composites Research Center, Advanced Engineering Research Organization, Wah Cantt and UET Taxila, Nov, 2001 - Present.
- Dean (Engineering): College of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering National University of Sciences and Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan, Sep 1999 - Nov 2001.
- Founding Chair: Department of Mechanical Engineering, College of Elect. & Mech. Engineering, National University of Sciences & Technology, Pakistan, Feb 1997 – Sep 1999, Nov 1993 – Aug 1995.
Fellowships and Scholarships
- Fulbright Postdoctoral Research Award, US Education Foundation, Washington DC, USA.
- NSF Award as part of faculty program to attend Smart Structures Workshop, Portland University.
- Blackburn Award for PhD research with British Aerospace by Royal Aeronautical Society, London.
- Islamic Development Bank Postdoctoral Research Award, Islamic Development Bank, Jeddah, KSA
- Thomas Jefferson Award for MS studies by US Agency for International Development, Washington.
- Ministry of Science & Technology Award for PhD/ MS studies, Government of Pakistan.
- Honorary Fellowship Australian Institute of Materials, Monash University, Australia.
- Name on HONOUR WALL, American Institute of Aeronautics & Astronautics, Washington DC.
Research Interests and Expertise
- Design, analysis, processing and mechanical testing of composite materials and smart structures
- On-line health monitoring of composite structures by using fiber optic sensors.
- Ballistic protection systems for human body, ground vehicles using composite materials.
- Nanopolymer composite, nano/ biocomposite materials and smart structures.
Teaching Interests and Expertise
- Graduate courses: (i) Mechanics of Composites Materials (ii) Affordable Design for Composites Manufacturing (iii) Structural Mechanics (iv) Advanced Strength of Materials (v) Structural Design & Analysis (vi) Stresses in Plates & Shells.
- Undergraduate courses: (i) Composite Manufacturing & Processing, (ii) Advanced Engineering Materials, (iii) Strength of Materials, (iv) Stress Analysis, (v) Aircraft Structural Analysis, (vi) Finite Element Methods, (vii) Mechanical Vibrations.
- Higher Education Commission Approved PhD Supervisor
- Member of Review Panels: (i) Carnegie Mellon University, Metallurgical & Materials Transaction, (ii) Journal of Composite Materials, (iii) Polymer Engineering.
- Supervised/ supervising 5 PhD, 15 MS and 25 UG research. PhD research addressed (i) Flow Induced Vibrations (ii) Polymer Nanophotonics (iii) Multifunctional Nanomaterials (iv) Fatigue Properties of Sandwich Structures (v) Nanocomposites Ablatives as university/ industry supervisor
- Pioneered successful academic collaborative program in aerospace and mechanical engineering with Iowa State University and Michigan State University; appreciation letter, Senator Tom Harkin.
- Formulated professional level diploma program in COMPOSITES for TEVTA/ UET, Taxila.
International and National Conferences/ Workshops Organized
- Organized 5 (10th, 9th, 8th, 7PthP & 6PthP) International Bhurban Conferences on Applied Science & Technology (Advanced Materials), Jan 2013- Jan 2009, http://ibcast.org.pk/org.htm.
- Chief Resource Person & Principal Speaker: Pak-ASEAN International Workshop, Industrial Composites Design & Applications, Best Western, Islamabad, Pakistan, 2002.
- Chief Resource Person & Principal Speaker: International Workshop on Composites in Ballistics, sponsored by DuPont, USA at NUST College of E&ME, Peshawar Road, Rawalpindi, Pakistan, 1998.
- Chief Organizer & Principal Speaker of 4 National Workshops, Composites Design-for-Manufacturing at NUST College of E&ME, Peshawar Road, Rawalpindi, Pakistan, 1999, 1995-1993.
Membership of International Professional Bodies
- Membership Society for Advancement of Material & Process Engineering.
- Membership Canadian Association for Composite Structure and Materials.
- Membership American Institute of Aeronautics & Astronautics.
- Membership of the Royal Aeronautical Society, UK – Pak. Branch, (RAeS)
Community Services/ Involvement
- Member of Fulbright Selection/ Review Committee
- Registered Professional Engineer- Pakistan Engineering Council.
- Executive Committee-Pakistan Materials Research Society.
- National Steering Committee-Advanced Materials.
- COMSTECH Expert Group on Engineering Materials
- Peer Review Committee, Pakistan Council of Science & Technology, Islamabad.
- Board of graduate/ Undergraduate Studies at UET, Taxila, Pakistan.
- Sectoral Committee on Future Technologies, Higher Education Commission.
- Technical Committee-International Workshop on Emerging Technologies.
Patents/ Industrial/ Defence Research Projects Completed
NOTE: THE DEVELOPMENT OF FOLLOWING SYSTEMS/ PRODUCTS COULD NOT BE FORMALLY PATENTENED DUE TO COMPANY WIDE (SPD) RESTRICTIONS BEING PART OF STRATEGIC PROGRAMS AND HAVING HIGH SENSITIVITY BUT RESULTING IN SAVING OF BILLIONS/ MILLIONS OF US$ THROUGH INDIGINIZATION AS PER DETAILS BELOW;
- Affordable Manufacturing of all Composite Aerospace Structural Systems: Executed design, development, testing and production of all composite airframe systems of long range, canard configuration, pusher type 12 UAVs, 14 air launched cruise missile and other complex structural components through NASA TRL. Optimal resource mobilization & tight process control reduced part rejection, enhanced production and saved multi millions of US$.
- All Composite Bodies of Automotive Vehicles: Shell Eco and Formula-1 automobile car bodies were developed from carbon-epoxy composites skin and nomax/ foam sandwich floor using single step resin infusion process for GIK Institute of Science & Technology, NUST and NED University to take part in international races.
- Ballistic Body and Vehicle Protection: Accelerated research about ballistic protection sponsored by DuPont as part of graduate and UG research at NUST College of E&ME led to development of 1st prototypes of bullet proof jacket and PASGAT helmet. Commercialized the project by producing 3,000 bullet proof jackets for Ministry of Interior, Gilgit Scoutes, Punjab Rangers, Pak Army, PAF and ballistic protection of high value 20 PAF vehicles with millions of Pak Rs/ US $.
- Development and Rehabilitation of Radoms: New radoms of aerospace vehicles having electromagnetic loss (<1 Db) were developed from glass-epoxy composites. The nomax sandwich radoms of 6 Lockheed C-130 transport aircrafts were repaired using HSC9200B Heatcon Composite Repair System. This involved zoning, tabbing/ ultrasonic NDT, surface preparation, in situ curing, mechanical testing. Saved multi millions of US$ in FE.
- Helicopters Structural Overhaul/ Rebuilt and Evaluation: Successfully overhauled, rebuilt and test flown first 2 Puma Helicopters according to 10 phase overhaul plan. This involved structural analysis, FEM, NDT, mechanical testing and replacement of its metallic with composite structures. Saved multi millions of US$ in FE.
- Carbon Fiber Sports Goods: Development of carbon fiber sports goods as part of U.N. and Ministry of Sciences and Technology sponsored program ‘Endogenous Capacity Building in Science and Technology’ to bridge the gap between industry, academic and private stakeholders.
Editor/ Contributions To Compiled Volumes [Refereed]
- Contributed Chapter # 7, ‘Multifunctional Nanocomposites’, in book published by Bentham Publishers, Development and Prospective Application of Nano Science and Technology by Center for advanced Materials, King Abdul Aziz University, Saudi Arabia, April, 2013.
- Contributed Book Chapter # 4, ‘Flow Induced Vibrations in Heat Exchanger tube Bundles: A review’, Nuclear power Plants, Publisher: INTECH, ISBN 978-953-51-0408-7, www.intech.com, 2012, pp 71-128.
- Editor Journal of Advanced Materials for Applied Science and Technology II, Advanced Materials Research Vol. 570, Trans Tech publication, Switzerland, ISBN-13: 978-3-03785-483-9, www.scientific.net.
- Editor Journal of Advanced Materials for Applied Science and Technology I, Advanced Materials Research Vol. 326, Trans Tech publication, Switzerland, ISBN-13: 978-3-03785-227-9, ISSN: 1022-6680, www.scientific.net, 2012
- Editor Conference proceedings of 7th International Bhurban Conference on applied Science and Technology, ADVANCED MATERIALS, 11-14 Jan 2009, 2010. ISBN 978-969-8741-08-2.
- Editor Conference proceedings of 6th International Bhurban Conference on applied Science and Technology, ADVANCED MATERIALS, 19-22 Jan 2009, 2009. ISBN 978-969-8741-06-8.
Refereed Papers in Primary Journals
- The Drilling Induced Failure Mechanisms in T800/ 924C Toughened Carbon Epoxy Composite Materials, Zaffar M. Khan, Laraib Alam Khan, Ahmed Shuja Syed, Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites - Manuscript ID JRP-13-0213.
- Effect of Hygrothermal Conditioning on the fracture toughness of carbon/ epoxy composites cured in autoclave/ quickstep., Ali Hassan Mahmood, Laraib Alam Khan, Ahmed Shuja Syed, Zaffar M. Khan, Richard J. Day, Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, Manuscript ID: JRP-13-0057.R2, 2013 (Accepted for Publication).
- Cost Effective Manufacturing Process for Development of Automotive from Energy Efficient Composite Materials and Sandwich Structures, Polymer Composites. Manuscript ID: PC-13-0489 (Accepted for Publication).
- Post curing effect of polyepoxy on visco-elastic and mechanical properties of different sandwich structures, Ali Hassan Mahmood, Laraib Alam Khan and Zaffar Khan, Polymer Composites, DOI: 10.1002/pc.22436, 6 March 2013.
- Hydrogen Silsesquioxane Resist Stamp for Replication of Nanophotonic Component in Polymer, J. micro/ lithography, MEMS and MOEMS, M R Saleem, P A Stenberg, M B Khan, Z M Khan, S Honkanen, J. Turonen, 11 (1)013007 (Jan-Mar 2012).
- Synthesis and Characterization of Carbon Particles Reinforced Epoxy Nanocomposites in Ku-band, Rahim Jan, M. Bilal Khan, Zaffar M. Khan, Materials Letters 70 (2012) 155-159.
- Development of Resin Infusion Process for Ultralight Large Composite Structures, Zaffar M Khan, Ghulam Yahya, M. Umer, Bilal Khan, Faraz Tahir, Journal of Advanced Materials Research Vol 326 (2011), pp 53-66. ISBN: 978-3-03785-227-9.
- Horizontal Patterns of Single Wall Carbon Nanotubes by Simple Filtration Process Method, Munir Mohammad, M Bilal Khan, Zaffar M Khan, Gabriel Cavilli, Damitha Adhikari, Ravi Silva, Journal of Advanced Materials Research Vol: 326, (2011), pp 121-126. ISBN: 978-3-03785-227-9.
- Enhancement of Mechanical Properties of Kevlar-Epoxy Composite by Improving the Interface Coupling, M. B. Khan, S. Hussein, R. Hussein and Z. M. Khan, SAMPE Journal of Advanced Materials, Vol. 42, n: 3, pp. 74-87, Jul 2010.
- Complex Optical Filter Prepared by Sputtering Deposition, M. H. Asghar, M. Shoaib, Z. M. Khan, F. Placido, S. Naseem and M. Mohammad, European Journal of Applied Phys. 49, 20501 (2010) 20501, p1-6.
- Polymer Nanocomposites: Prospects, Potentials and Applications in Next Generation Aerospace Structures, Dr Zaffar Khan and Dr Bilal Khan, NUST Journal of Engineering Sciences , ISSN: 2070-9900, Vol. 2, No. 1, 2009, p91-99.
- On-line Condition Monitoring System of Composite Structures using Fiber Optic Sensors, Zaffar M. Khan, NUST Journal of Engineering Sciences , ISSN: 2070-9900, Vol. 2, No. 1, 2009, p122-128.
- A Review of Heat Exchanger Tube Bundle Vibrations in Two-Phase Cross-Flow, Shahab Khushnood, Zaffar M. Khan, M. Afzal Malik, Zaffar Ullah Koreshi & Mahmood A. Khan, Journal of Nuclear Engineering and Design, Ref. NED-3985, Elsevier, Vol. 230, Issues 1-3, May 2004.
- Impact of Composite Materials on Engineering Industry, Zaffar M. Khan, Journal of Science Technology and Development' ISSN: 0254-6418, Jan-Mar 1994, Vol 13, No: 1, pp16-22.
- Modeling and Analysis of Thermal Damping in Heat Exchanger Tube Bundles, Shahab Khushnood, Zaffar M. Khan, M. Afzal Malik, Zaffar Ullah Koreshi & Mahmood Anwar Khan, J. of Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol 240 (7), Jul 2010, 1906-1918.
- Composite Armor, Zaffar M. Khan Defence Journal, ISSN 0257-2141, Vol. XIX, No 11-12, 1993, pp. 15-16.
- Design & Development of Advanced Carbon Fiber Composites, Zaffar M. Khan, Engineering Horizons, ISSN 1017-8260, Vol. IV, No. 5, May 1993, pp 5-11.
Selected Key Note/ Invited Presentations [Refereed]
- *HSQ resist for replication Stamp in Polymers, M R Saleem, P A Stenberg, M B Khan, Z. M. Khan, S Honkanen, J Turunen. Advanced Fabrication Technologies. for Micro/ Nano Optics V, Proceedings of SPIE Vol 8249G, 2012.
- *Thermal Behaviour of Waveguide Gratings, M. Rizwan Saleem, M. Bilal Khan, Zaffar M. Khan, Petri A. Stenberg, Tapani Alasaarela, Seppo K. Honkanen, Benfeng Bai, Jari Turunen, Pasi Vahimaa, , Proceedings of SPIE 8069-9., Prague Congress Ctr., Prague Czech Republic, 18 - 20 April 2011.
- *Curing Study of Autoclave and Quickstep Processing Using DSC and FTIR, Laraib A. Khan, Zaffar M. Khan, Richard J. Day, Proceedings of 42 International SAMPE Technical Conference, ISBN 978-1-934551-08-0, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 11-14 Oct, 2010.
- *Development of Ultra-light Car Body Using Single Step Resin Infusion Process, Zaffar M. Khan, Ghulam Yahya, Laraib A. Khan, Fazal Tahir., Proceedings of 42 International SAMPE Technical Conference, ISBN 978-1-934551-08-0, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA 11-14 Oct, 2010.
- *Mechanical Characterization and Finite Element Modeling of Composites Sandwich Structures, M. A. Iqbal, Z. M. Khan, M. B. Khan, 2009, Proceedings, 2009 Interdisciplinary Conference on Chemical, Mechanical and Materials Engineering, Melbourne, Australia, 07-20 Dec 2009, USBN: 978-0-9806811-0-9, p 352-364.
- *Surface Peening Morphology Evaluation in Anodized Aluminum Alloy Rotors, Zaffar M. Khan et al, TMS Conference Proceedings, Volume 1: Materials Processing and Properties, 2010, p 673-680.
- *Mechanical Properties Improvement of Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Fibers by Hot Drawing for use in Armor Composites, S. Mahmood, M. B. Khan, Z. M. Khan, Proceedings of 7th International Bhurban Conference on Science & Technology. Volume-1, Jan 11-14, 2010, ISBN 978-969-8741-06-8, pp 62-73.
- *Innovative Development of High Performance Wings from Carbon Fiber Composite Materials: Conception to Completion. Zaffar M. Khan, U. Saeed and A. Iqbal. Proceedings of 7th International Bhurban Conference on Science & Technology. Volume-1, Jan 11-14, 2010. ISBN 978-969-8741-06-8, pp 38-4
- NANOCOMPOSITES – New Opportunities for Next Generation Aerospace Systems, Zaffar M. Khan Proceeding of 10PthP National Aeronautical Conference, Risalpur, Pakistan, 20-21 April 2006, pp 27-34 (Keynote Lecture)
- Mechanical Characterization of Advanced Composite Materials, Proceedings of 10th National Aeronautical Conference, Risalpur, Pakistan, 20-21 April, 2006.
- The Ballistic Protection of Helicopters, Zaffar M. Khan Proceedings of 10PthP National Aeronautical Conference, PAF Academy, Pakistan, 20-21 April, 2006.
- *Development of On-line Condition Monitoring System in Aerospace Structure using Advanced Composite Materials, Zaffar M. Khan ISBN 969-8122-17-6, Proc. 9PthP International Symposium on Advanced Materials, 2005, pp. 5-15, (Keynote Lecture).
- *Influence of Layer Waviness on Compression Strength of Carbon-Epoxy Composite Materials, Zaffar M. Khan. ISBN 969-8122-17-6, Proc. 9PthP International Symposium on Advanced Materials, 2005, pp. 21-26.
- *Fiber Optic Sensor for Assessing Layer Waviness in Smart Structures, Zaffar M. Khan Conference Proceedings, 3PrdP Canadian International Composite Conference, ISBN No. 1-58716-114-1, Montreal, Canada, Aug 21-24, 2001, pp 794-801.
- *The Influence of Double Layer Waviness on Compression Strength of Carbon Fiber Composite Materials, Zaffar M. Khan Proc., 5th International Conference on 'Advanced Materials’, 1997, ISBN: 969-8122-07-9, pp. 66-72.
- *Compression Failure Mechanism in High Modulus Carbon Fibers Composites, Zaffar M. Khan Conference Proceedings, International Nathiagali Summer College on 'Physics and Contemporary Needs', Vol: 18, Jun 1997, pp. 271-282.
- *The Influence of Microstructure and Physical Properties on Wear Mechanism of Cemented Carbides, Zaffar M. Khan Proc. 3rd International Conference, 'Advanced Materials’, Islamabad, Pakistan, ISBN: 969-8122-07-9, 1993, pp178-188
- Automated Manufacturing of Composite Materials, Zaffar M. Khan Conference Proceedings, International Workshop on Application of Emerging Technologies in Manufacturing Engineering, Best Western Hotel, Islamabad, 10-15 Jul 2003, (Lecture)
- *Design and Analysis of Composite Structures, Zaffar M. Khan Conference Proceedings, International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences and Technology, Hotel Pearl Continental, Bhurban, Murree, Jun 2003.
- The Dynamics of Academia-Industry Partnership in Developing Countries, Zaffar M. Khan Conference Proceedings, 8PthP World Congress about Continuing Engineering Education, University of Toronto, Canada, May 11-18, 2001, pp 544 - 550.
- Optic Fiber Smart Structures and Intelligent Materials, Zaffar M. Khan 2PndP International Symposium on ‘Mechanical Vibrations’, Sep 25-28, 2000. (Keynote Lecture)
- *Drilling-Induced-Failure Modes in Carbon Fiber Composites, Zaffar M. Khan Proceedings SEM Congress on Experimental Mechanics, Nashville, USA, Jun 10 - 13, 1996, (Lecture).
- The Impact of Composite Materials Technology on Emerging Industries, Zaffar M. Khan Proc. 1PstP International Workshop on Application of Emerging Technologies in Manufacturing Engineering, Islamabad, Pakistan, ISBN: 969-8819-00-2, 2003, pp. 6-19.
- Composite Armor, Zaffar M. Khan First International Seminar on Tank Technology at HIT, Taxila, Conference Proceedings, Vol. 1, pp21-35, (Keynote Lecture).
- *Design and Development of Advanced Carbon Fiber Composites, Zaffar M. Khan Presented at GIK Institute of Sciences and Technology on 06 Oct, 1992, published in Engineering Horizon, ISSN 1017-8260, Vol. 4, No. 5, May 1993, pp. 5-11
- *Energy Efficient Design Materials in Aerospace and Automotive Vehicles, Zaffar M. Khan Presented in 3rd International Conference on Energy Conservation, 4/ 1992, published in Engineering Horizon, ISSN 1017-8260, vol-3, No. 6, Jun, 1992, pp 15-18.
- The Design for Manufacture of Aerospace Composites Structures, Zaffar M. Khan Proc. 7th International Bhurban Conference on Applied Science and Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan, Jan 19-22, 2009, pp 26-36
- *Drilling-Induced-Failure Modes in High Performance Carbon Fiber Composites, Zaffar M. Khan Proc. 2PndP International Symposium on ‘Advanced Material’, 1991, ISBN 969-8122-02-8, pp. 19.
- *Dimensional analysis of vibration of tube bundle in cross-flow, Zaffar M. Khan et al, Proceedings of the 2PndP International Symposium on Mechanical Vibrations, Islamabad, Sept. 25-28, 2000.
- *Vibration analysis of a multi-span tube in a bundle, Zaffar M. Khan et al, ICON 10, Proceedings of 10PthP International Conference on Nuclear Engineering, Arlington, Virginia, US, April 14-18, 2002.
- *Modeling and Analysis of cross-flow induced vibrations in a heat exchanger tube bundle Proceedings of 4PthP International Conference on Mechanics and Materials in Design, Zaffar M. Khan et al, Nagoya, Japan, June 5-8, 2002
- *On the Effect of Void Fraction in Two-phase cross-flow induced tube bundles vibration, Zaffar M. Khan A review, Proceedings of 3PrdP International Symposium on Mechanical Vibrations, Islamabad, Sept. 23-27, 2002.
- *Cross-Flow Induced Vibrations in Tube Bundles A Review, Shahab Khushnood, Zaffar M. Khan, M. Afzal Malik, Zaffar Ullah Koreshi & Mahmood Anwar Khan Proceedings of the 11PthP International Conference on Nuclear Engineering, Tokyo, Japan, ASME/ JSME, April 20-23, 2003.
- *A Review of Heat Exchanger Tube Bundle Vibrations in Two-Phase Cross-Flow, Shahab Khushnood, Zaffar M. Khan, M. Afzal Malik, Zaffar Ullah Koreshi & Mahmood Anwar Khan Proceedings of the 11PthP International Conference on Nuclear Engineering, Tokyo, Japan, ASME/JSME, April 20-23, 2003.
- *Modeling Fluid Forces And Response of a Tube Bundle In Cross-Flow Induced Vibrations, Shahab Khushnood, Zaffar M. Khan, M. Afzal Malik, Zaffar Ullah Koreshi & Mahmood Anwar Khan 11PthP International Conference on Nuclear Engineering, Tokyo, Japan, Under ASME/JSME, April 20-23, 2003).
- *Modelling and Simulation of Cross-Flow Induced Vibration in a Multi-Span Tube Bundle, Shahab Khushnood, Zaffar M. Khan, M. Afzal Malik, Zaffar Ullah Koreshi & Mahmood Anwar Khan Proceedings of 12PthP International Conference on Nuclear Engineering, ICONE12, Arlington, Virginia, USA, April 25-29, 2004.
- *Modeling Fluid Forces and Response of a Tube Bundle in Cross-Flow Induced Vibrations, Shahab Khushnood, Zaffar M. Khan, M. Afzal Malik, Zaffar Ullah Koreshi & Mahmood Anwar Khan 13PthP International Conference on Nuclear Engineering, Beijing under ASME/JSME, May 16, 2005.
- *Experiment on flow induced vibrations in heat exchanger tube bundle, Shahab Khushnood, Zaffar M. Khan, M. Afzal Malik, Zaffar Ullah Koreshi & Mahmood Anwar Khan Proc. of 13 International Conference on Nuclear Engineering, Beijing, China, May 16-20, 2005, 1-12.
- *Microbend Fiber Optic Sensor for Assessing Layer Waviness in Carbon Epoxy Laminate, Zaffar M. Khan, 6th International Symposium on Advanced Materials , 1999
- *The Influence of Double Nested Layer Waviness on Compression strength of Carbon Fiber Composite Material, Zaffar M. Khan, Proc. 5th International Symposium on Advanced Materials, 1997
- Advanced Composite Materials, Zaffar M. Khan, The News of the Pakistan Nuclear Society, Vol. 4, PP 1-4, 1995
- Composite Armor in Military Defense, Zaffar M. Khan, 1st International Symposium on Tank Technology, Vol. 13, pp 6-22, 1994
- *The Influence of Microstructure and Physical Properties on Wear Mechanism on Cemented Carbides, Zaffar M. Khan, Proc. 3rd International Symposium on Advanced Materials, pp 178-188, 1993