Research Management section strives to promote innovative research at IST for addressing the national and strategic needs of the country in sphere of Engineering, Science and Technology.
This section is primarily responsible for extending support to faculty members, researchers and students on proposal development, pre-award and post-award formalities spanning the lifecycle of a research project. Research Management provides services on all HEC’s funded projects and related matters. Coordination with national and international donor agencies for potential funding opportunities and joint R&D projects also comes under section’s mandate.
Research Management has facilitated to attract a huge amount of R&D funding from the following donor agencies under different programs:
- Higher Education Commission
- Pakistan Science Foundation
- Ignite (National R&D Fund)
- Agha Khan University
- European Space Agency (ESA)
- British Council
- Belt and Road Aerospace Innovation Alliance (BRAIA)
- International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
- Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)
- International Foundation for Science (IFS)
- The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD)