IST offers merit scholarships to two students (excluding sponsored students) in each discipline as per existing policy. Scholarships are granted on the basis of semester results.
Below mentioned criteria shall be followed for the award of merit scholarships to students of each batch of each MS program offered by IST:-
Tuition Fee Waiver
||SGPA and CGPA > 3.75
|SGPA and CGPA > 3.75
||SGPA and CGPA > 3.50
|SGPA and CGPA > 3.50
- Full time students with full load of studies in a regular semester will qualify for the award of Merit Scholarship.
- Merit/ position for the scholarships will be based on SGPA. However, both SGPA and CGPA will be considered to ascertain the eligibility of the student for Scholarship.
- Students getting any type of scholarships/ sponsored by any organization are not eligible for merit scholarship.
- Student will be awarded only one scholarship (merit or need based) from IST’s own funds (whichever is higher) at a time.
- In case of two or more students securing the same merit position (Admissions’ Merit Position/ same SGPA and CGPA), allocated amounts of respective scholarships for these positions shall be equally distributed among them.
- If students ‘A’ & ‘B’ jointly declared at 1st position, then the student ‘C’ would be at 3rd position and so on.
- No scholarship shall be awarded if there is an ‘I’ Grade in preceding semester.
- No scholarship shall be awarded if there is a ‘W’ Grade in preceding semester.
- Student should take full load i.e. minimum 09 credit hours in each 1st & 2nd semester and minimum 06 credit hours in each 3rd & 4th semester.
- In case, a student takes any additional/ repeat course(s), his/ her merit position will be calculated on the basis of normal load of credit hours in that semester.
- In case of semester freeze, merit scholarship would only be awarded after re-joining of the student.
- Transferred students shall not be eligible for the award of merit scholarship on the basis of results of courses which they studied with the students of previous department/ program. However, such students shall be reconsidered for merit scholarship on the basis of results of courses which they will study with the students of their new department/ program.
- In situations where existing rules & regulations are found silent/unavailable, the decision made by IST will be the final which can’t be challenged anywhere.
- The contents as stated in merit scholarship policy are expression of intent only. The institute reserves the right to discontinue any portion or make amendments in merit scholarship policy/ rules & regulations at any time without notice.