It is well known that Pakistan science is not doing too well and does not seem to recover if left alone the way it is. In the past Government of Pakistan has made efforts at various stages. Recently the Higher Education Commission (HEC) has made a concentrated effort to promote science at the tertiary level, out of which some positive results have begun to emerge.
Regretfully, however, there has been no governmental or non-governmental effort, made for Pakistan in leading the world, at least, in some field, if not all around. We ought to get started to do that right now by establishing first and foremost an infrastructure for Pakistan Science, which may produce scholars in the front echelon of their respective fields to lead the world. An integrated series of colloquia and workshops on some topics, in which some key personnel is ready to lead the effort in Pakistan, is being planned at Institute of Space Technology (IST), Islamabad during Aug 31 – Sep 1, 2012. The topics may include but not limited to:
- The Universe within few microseconds of Big Bang:
- Quark-gluon Plasma (a micro big bang)
- Solar modulation and the Earth’s atmosphere effect on:
- Satellite drag
- Cosmic Ray and inner trapped-belt Proton Flux
- Orbital debris
- Power Generation for Deep Space exploration and its terrestrial application.